Attend a forum for engineers, planners and innovators to meet, learn, and discuss all the most pertinent issues relating to engineering solutions to net zero.
After our inaugural event in 2023 in Glasgow, we’re looking forward to taking the programme to Birmingham in 2024. New for 2024, we’re introducing a hydrogen stream – an important addition to our topics for the event, with a key role to play in the transition to net zero.
The event brings together speakers from industry and academia with lots of opportunities to get involved and be a part of the net zero conversation.
Be part of the conversation. We're inviting you to get involved by submitting a paper abstract or special session proposal.
At a glance
- Four days of conference sessions, tutorials, and technical visits
- 330+ delegates
- 120+ speakers
- Gala dinner and drinks reception
- Awards ceremony
- Exhibition and networking
Renewable Power Generation and Future Power Systems
To achieve ambitious environmental targets, a substantial increase in the contribution of renewable sources to the energy generation mix is needed.
This well-established conference features two streams: Renewable Power Generation and Future Power Systems. The event will feature industry thought leaders, keynote sessions, panel discussions and poster presentations.
Key topics include:
- Renewable power generation technologies (including wind, solar PV, thermal)
- Network planning and technologies
- Power demand and storage
- Policy, market design and consumers
Energy Storage is a key enabler for the decarbonisation of our energy systems to achieve a Net-Zero future.
Returning for its second year, our Energy Storage conference offers an inclusive platform for energy storage researchers and practitioners. Topics covered include:
- Energy storage for decarbonisation of transportation
- Energy Storage Integration with Power Grids and Sector Coupling
- Emerging Battery technologies
- Circular Economy in Energy Storage
- Energy Storage Market, Regulation and Policy
- Energy Storage Infrastructure and Supply Chain
Excellence and Innovation Awards
Also taking place during the Powering Net Zero event are our Excellence & Innovation Awards. The awards recognise ground-breaking innovations and best practices in Engineering, Science, and Technology. All delegates at Powering Net Zero will have the opportunity to attend the awards as part of the conference dinner.
Don't just take our word for it...
"One of the best conferences I have ever attended. Well organised and brings together people from different expertise."
"Great event for meeting the key players that are driving the push to Net Zero."
"An excellent platform to gather experts from different parts of the world."